Just a week before the FIFA World Cup to kickstart in Russia, Adidas is planning to give Indian fans a memorable football experience.
The sports brand is leveraging digital, outdoor and on-ground activations to connect with fans across cities such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Pune, Chennai, Cochin and Guwahati, according to a Livemint report.
Adidas has an over 40-year association with the tournament.
“Our FIFA campaign in India is an extension of our global campaign. We have an active fan following of football in India and we want to connect and engage with them,” Amrith Gopinath, brand marketing director, Adidas India was quoted as saying.
Here’s what it has done to enthrall the fans:
- Adidas has installed an interactive billboard in Delhi imbibed with a pulley that requires 11 people to pull it and score a goal. There’s a caption written on it – “You always need 11 players to make 1 Goal”.
- The brand has put up a giant 3D version of it in high traffic locations across different cities. It will also be mounting a live 2D scoreboard to keep football lovers well-informed with the latest scores of the games in New Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
- Adidas has decided to screen its global FIFA World Cup campaign across key multiplex screens in the country.
- Adidas has partnered with social media platforms such as Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram where fans will be able to create profile pictures with their favourite football players.
- Adidas will also create a consumer engagement space called ‘Creators Hub’ in Mumbai’s Oberoi Mall and Bengaluru’s Phoenix Market City where fans can engage with a timed obstacle circuit that will challenge their dribbling and shooting skills.
Adidas will also be organizing a 5v5 (five a side) football tournament in New Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru for under 14 and under 16 school children.
Apart from the marketing strategies, Originals, the sports fashion arm of Adidas, has also launched the iconic indoor soccer shoe, Samba in India which is being promoted by its brand ambassador Ranveer Singh.
Gupta said football has started to garner a loyal following in India.
Recently, Alcis Sports partnered with e-commerce giant Flipkart to launch official 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia merchandises online.
The World Cup in Russia promises to be one of the biggest tournaments in the world, which is scheduled to start from June 14 until July 15. This will be the first World Cup held in Europe since the 2006 tournament in Germany, and the first ever to be held in Eastern Europe.
[…] Adidas leveraged digital, outdoor and on-ground activations to connect with fans across cities such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Pune, Chennai, Cochin and […]
[…] Cup 2018 will also see Adidas launch its “most customizable film in the world” with special edits for different international […]
[…] World Cup in Russia promises to be one of the biggest tournaments in the world, which is scheduled to start from June […]
Comments are closed.