To celebrate Shark Week’s 30th anniversary, Discovery has unveiled its ‘most ambitious merchandising programme with a robust product line-up, including new apparel, accessories, books, toys, packaged goods among others.
“Over the last 30 years Shark Week has transformed into a pop culture phenomenon,” said Leigh Anne Brodsky, executive vice president, Discovery Global Enterprises.
“We are excited to have such incredible partnerships on board to give Shark Week fans the opportunity to see and experience this week of amazing, family-friendly content as we celebrate these fearsome and captivating ocean creatures.”
Here is the list:
- Discovery has appointed a band of co-brands including Swedish Fish candy by Mondelez International, Build-a-Bear and vineyard vines for the character.
- Discovery, in association with vineyard vines, will be offering a line of more than 40 exclusive Shark Week products including apparel, neckties, headwear, swimwear, towels, beach totes and drink ware.
- Walmart is also on board as a premier Shark Week retailer
- Princess Cruises will be transforming Shark Week into a full season with its first Summer of Shark campaign.
- Build-a-Bear will offer two exclusive Shark Week products: a Make-Your-Own Great White plush and a Make-Your-Own Hammerhead plush.
- Cruisers will be greeted with myriad of Shark Week themed experiences, featuring designed public spaces including elevators, restaurants and casino tables.
Each year, Shark Week takes viewers on a week-long journey to the depths of the sea to uncover the secrets of the ocean’s most fascinating predator. Found in all 220 countries and territories around the globe, Shark Week has become a pop-culture highlight.