King Features – the licensor for Popeye and Betty Boop has been on hiring spree to strengthen the firm’s aggressive expansion plans into entertainment and new artist and IP acquisition.
This move came ahead of the Licensing Expo 2018, which took place at the Las Vegas from May 22-24.
Here’s a list of the new joinees:
- Ricky Li and Christina Nix Lynch have been appointed as directors of licensing
- Bridgette Bek appointed as the senior director of digital marketing
- Erinn Smart has joined in as director of business development
- Sam Scholl joins as licensing coordinator
- Kristine Conte has joined as marketing project manager
- Stephen Zelin appointed as brand assurance associate
- Cartoonist Ricardo ‘Liniers’ has been appointed as Siri spanning syndication for print and digital, entertainment and consumer product licensing for ‘Macanudo’.
- Saydee Villarruel roped in as office manager and assistant to president, CJ Kettler.
Kettler took the controls at the firm in December and has since been focused on adapting King Features’ for a variety of entertainment platforms.