To celebrate the release of the new superhero film ‘Deadpool 2’, 20th Century Fox and 7-Eleven are joining forces for new merchandises.
Under the terms of the agreement, participating 7-Eleven’s nationwide will bring the anti-hero (played by Ryan Reynolds) to life with a series of activations, branded consumer products and A/R technology integration.
Deadpool fans can log on to the “7-Eleven” app and access A/R camera features that make Deadpool appear in the store for a limited-time.
“To make this even more exciting, 7-Eleven is launching an Augmented Reality (AR) gaming experience, first of its kind in retail, with Deadpool. Fans can interact with Deadpool and have fun experiences in the 7-Eleven app, unlocking different experiences each week exclusively in the stores nationwide and in Canada. The fans will also be able to share their interactions with Deadpool inside a 7-Eleven store with family and friends,’ said Gurmeet Singh, chief digital and chief information officer, 7-Eleven.
Additional promotion highlights include:
- The return of the Monster Mutant Red Dawn-flavored Slurpee;
- Five collectible cups, that each feature Deadpool in a unique pose;
- Straws that feature tiny Deadpools climbing the sides;
- Chimichangas in Deadpool 2-themed packaging;
- Deadpool 2-themed monster mutant energy and Mike’s Harder Watermelon Lemonade cans;
- Gif creator that uses Trolli Sour Brite Tiny Hands candy
Deadpool 2 is slated to hit theatres nationwide May 18.