To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Target is all set to unveil a slate of exclusive merchandise and products.
According to a report in the Global License, the featured items include:
- Harry Potter x LEGO building sets, available at Target stores.
- Exclusive Dobby, Basilisk and Tom Riddle Funko Pop! Figures.
- Giveaways, toy demonstrations, photo-ops, and other activations at Target stores nationwide July 21
- Curated displays, featuring Harry Potter products from across the store
- Honeydukes: A Scratch & Sniff Adventure, a scratch and sniff guide to the series’ sweets shop
- The Marauder’s Map Guide to Hogwarts, a guide to Hogwarts that includes a wand-shaped invisible ink pen with UV light, fold-out pages of the Marauder’s Map and parchment to create your own map
- A new anniversary edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone from Scholastic
- An eight-film box set that includes Target-exclusive Hogwarts house patches or a two-film set with one exclusive patch;
- Branded clothing for all ages
- Exclusive Harry Potter-inspired bed sets, throw pillows
“Our guests love Harry Potter—and with our incredible assortment and exclusives, Target’s the ultimate destination for all things Harry Potter,” said Mark Tritton, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer, Target.
Recently, Mattel, the makers of Barbie, revealed a set of six collectible Harry Potter dolls soon to hit store shelves across the United States.
The dolls include young versions of Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny, along with Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall. However, our favorite professor Severus Snape was missing from the collectible.
It’s been 21 years since the first book – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone hit the shelves.