In a first-of-its kind, Amul, India’s largest diary brand, has launched an Irish Drink Mocktail. The beverage has been launched in collaboration with Almond Branding, one of India’s leading branding and design agencies, for branding, packaging design and communication.
Irish Cream is the combination of the two most sinful things one can relish in Ireland – Irish whiskey and Irish cream.
Leaving no scope for ambiguity, the drink was positioned as a mocktail – an alcohol-free alternative to relish at parties, to say cheers with friends or simply consume for self-gratification.
R S Sodhi, managing director, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) Ltd, which sells Amul, said, “Coming from the house of Amul, this Irish drink is bound to disrupt the beverage category and become the new high of 2018.”
“The Irish drink is inspired from the famous Irish coffee having its origins in Ireland, thus, making this mocktail as exciting as it could get,” he added.
Without divulging any details, Almond Branding had released a teaser on March 16 with the caption, “Cherish the Irish Experience.”
Check it out here:
About the sinful product:
- One of the unique features of Irish Cream is the characteristic layers of different colours – cream, light brown and then dark brown.
- The brand colours were derived from these special hues that are bound to visually transport one to the Irish café experience.
- The branding was carved out of a classic bold font type etched on an oblongish dark brown unit – hard to be missed even from a distance.
- The visual hook was an asymmetrically placed Irish cream shot glass with three coloured layers perfectly topped with drooling whipped cream.
- The checkered pattern on the light brown background was inspired from the traditional checkered Irish fabric.
- An overall clean, minimalistic design interspersed with gold shimmer and dark hues to capture the brand promise – a premium international experience.
Saswata Das, founder director, Almond, said, “Our decade-long association with Amul, the largest dairy brand in India, has been more of an honour. As a packaging design and communication partner, our aim was to bring to life Amul’s idea of bringing the international taste to the youth of India.”
The dairy major has been bringing the best of milk-based beverages to its consumers year after year.
Almond has also developed the branding and packaging design for two of Amul’s recently-launched beverages, namely Haldi Doodh and Kadhai Doodh, which are positioned as healthy, tasty drinks for a fast-paced stressful life. With Almond Branding having crafted the brand design for all these beverage launches, Amul is all set for the upcoming summers.