Peanuts Worldwide, subsidiary of DHX Media and Ohio-based regional amusement-resort operator Cedar Fair have renewed their license agreement to showcase Peanuts characters throughout Cedar Fair’s 11 amusement park locations.
The new deal will extend Cedar Fair’s North American exclusive use of Peanuts in its attractions, entertainment and sports, food and beverage, lodging and retail operations to 2025.
The agreement also includes an additional five-year option, available at Cedar Fair’s discretion, that would extend the contract to 2030.
According to Cedar Fair, the extended partnership will provide a more immersive experience for guests through meet-and-greets, live entertainment, merchandise and themed areas throughout parks.
Earlier this year, DHX Media acquired the entertainment division of New York-based Iconix Brand Group which includes a 100% controlling interest in Strawberry Shortcake and an 80% interest in Peanuts. The remaining 20% of Peanuts continues to be held by the Schulz family.
When DHX Media announced the acquisition, DHX president and COO Steven DeNure said that because Peanuts is largely a consumer products-focused property, the company’s goal of moving forward would be to step into the shoes of Iconix and work closely with the Schulz family to expand the brand and create new content.