Get ready to sport new Garfield inspired skechers? Paws Inc has partnered with Skechers USA for a new footwear collection inspired by the famous cartoon character Garfield.
The new line of women’s shoes will include an assortment of Bobs from Skechers styles that feature Garfield and his companion Odie.
The collection will launch in select Skechers retail stores across the United States and Canada as well as on the official web platform – Skechers.com. The range will also be available at third-party retailers and around the globe for the back-to-school season.
Speaking on the launch, Michael Greenberg, president, Skechers said, “We are thrilled to be introducing Garfield–possibly the most famous cat on the planet–to our Bobs collection. And now with the help of global pop-culture icon Garfield, we’re reaching a broader fan base and generating more important awareness for the needs of sheltered dogs and cats everywhere.”
Who is Garfield?
- Garfield is a comic created by Jim Davis.
- Published since 1978, it chronicles the life of the cat Garfield, the human Jon Arbuckle, and the dog Odie.
- Common themes in the strip include Garfield’s laziness, obsessive eating, coffee, and disdain of Mondays and diets.
- The Garfield comic strip appears in 2,100 newspapers, is translated into 42 languages, and is read by over 220 million people every day.
- The Mondays-hating feline continues to be massively popular with 16.2 million likes and 15.7 million followers on Facebook alone
The BOBS for Dogs campaign partners with Best Friends Animal Society—the only national animal welfare organization dedicated exclusively to eradicating the deaths of about two million dogs and cats every year in America’s shelters. For each pair of specially packaged BOBS from Skechers sold in the United States, twenty-five cents are donated to Best Friends to help save the lives of dogs and cats in America’s shelters.