Licensing Corner announced the launch of ‘Brands Association for India Licensing Industry’ or BAIL at The India Brand Licensing Summit (TIBLS) 2018 at Mumbai’s Grand Hyatt on December 5.
The logo was unveiled by Rutika Malaviya (CEO and Editor-in-Chief of Licensing Corner) and Vishal Sinha (Growth Hacker and Startup Evangelist in Brand Licensing Space).
BAIL is an association created by the industry stalwarts and thought leaders, who has relevant experience and understanding about the brand licensing industry in the Indian market.
“We are trying to educate the people about licensing. The association will help with the IP solutions. The industry grows together when everybody worked together, it’s a teamwork. Licensing is still growing in India,” said Rutika Malaviya.
The mission of BAIL is to foster the growth and expansion of licensing across the globe. BAIL would act as the centre point to initiate and develop licensing in India.
Aims and Objective:
The primary goal is to develop Indian licensing industry making it more favorable for the licensing operators in any capacity to perform and leverage in the given marketplace.
BAIL’s main objective is to get all the brands/IP owners and their licensees and resellers and licensing professionals on one single platform.
About the founders:
Rutika Malaviya, who has been representing a Global Licensing organization LIMA in past and also a publisher of Licensing Corner Magazine has championed this cause and have collaborated with Licensing Veteran Vishal Sinha having significant experience in licensing across media and entertainment, sports, celebrity brands to build India’s own brand licensing association built by industry representatives from diverse companies.
What BAIL is planning to do for the licensing industry?
- Knowledge Hub – Sharing industry global trends and its impact locally, best practices sharing.
- Industry Workshops – Design and Product Development, IPR Protection (Legal Regulations).
- Trade Events – Industry Expo.
- Talent Pool – Recruitment & Training & Development.
- IPR Protection Panel – Legal Support Panel. (Listing IP Law Firms)
- Industry Consolidated Representative Body.
- Business Development Avenues – Strategic Partnerships, Sales & Distribution, Retail, Sourcing – Manufacturing (Factories Listing), International Sourcing.
- Launch Pad – For Launching Brands in Industry Forum.
- Recognition & Rewards program.
- Online Support.
Who can join BAIL:
- Media & Entertainment.
- Theme Park.
- Celebrity Brand Management.
- Online Retailer.
- Offline Retailer – Hypermarket.
- Offline Retailer – Department Stores.
- Offline Retailer – Fashion Value Retailer.
- Offline Retailer – Speciality Stores (Home, Jewellery, Eyewear, Innerwear, Fashion, Footwear, Watches, Automobiles, Electronics Devices, Consumer Durables, Books & Music, Sports, Toys & Games, etc).
- Trade Retailers (Chain Stores).
- IP lawyers
The BAIL shall act as a visible body of leadership, influence, and support to the licensing industry in India.
The Committee shall provide and develop the resources, knowledge and contacts, providing direction to the licensing industry at large, definitely avoiding any loop at individual level or capacity. The committee should ensure the interests of the members developing networking opportunities, serving as a source of education and information, establishing standards of ethical and professional conduct, and recognizing excellence and achievement in the Indian licensing industry.
The brand licensing industry in India is an emerging business vertical and remains scattered due to multiple companies operating in different businesses across media and entertainment, technology, fashion, automobile, sports, food and beverages, stationery, retail, home décor and furnishings, toys etc.
Licensing Corner today hosted one of its grand corporate event – The India Brand Licensing Summit at Mumbai’s Grand Hyatt with an attendance of top corporate honchos and key industry players from the industry.